Ag+ Powder utilizes silver, an antimicrobial agent, pulverized into a fine, silky consistency. Once in the wound bed, this format allows for controlled release of silver ions, which prevent bacteria and fungi from progressing and assist with controlling infection. Calcium phosphate ions further improve healing.
Once Ag+ Powder comes in contact with exudate, it transforms into a gel, which sticks to the wound bed but allows for straightforward removal during wound irrigation to prevent maceration. Due to this factor, Ag+ Powder:
• Can be used on wounds that don’t respond to or are too deep for other dressings.
• Can be left on the wound for up to five days.
• Is ideal for patients who experience pain during dressing changes.
• Can be used in conjunction with other wound dressings, including PluroGel®, a concentrated surfactant that helps create a moist healing environment.
• Can be used on all wound depths and with light- to heavy-draining wounds.
A study performed by Wickham Laboratories Limited found that Ag+ Powder offers a high level of antimicrobial activity, reducing bacteria up to 6 log and decreasing the presence of Staphylococcus Aureus, E. Coli, and Enterococcus faecalis/faecium by over 90% within 48 hours.