STERIS’ Alcare® Plus Foamed Antiseptic Handrub with Emollients is a foamed formulation of 62% ethyl alcohol and enhanced emollients that provide hand antisepsis while the emollients soften skin and prevent dryness. It is ideal to reduce the risk of environmental contamination from personnel. Alcare Plus Antiseptic Hand rub is an excellent adjunct to hand washing when additional antimicrobial protection is needed. This product has documented efficacy against gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, and it meets the criteria of the FDA as a healthcare personnel hand wash and a surgical scrub.
Alcare Plus® Antiseptic Handrub
• Foam mousse, 62% (v/v) ethyl alcohol-based waterless handrinse
• Meets FDA proposed criteria for waterless Healthcare Personnel Handwash and waterless Surgical Scrub
• Kills 99.999% of MRSA and VRE in 5 seconds (modified time kill in vitro)
• Formulated with enhanced emollients to moisturize skin in high frequency professional use healthcare environments
• CHG compatible – does not reduce CHG persistence
When available, offered in a personal 2.2 oz and 5.4 oz. cans and wall-mounted 9 oz. and 17 oz. cans. Wall-mounted cans can also be used without wall-mount.