In cream and lotion forms, Atrac-Tain® is a highly moisturizing solution formulated with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and urea. The combination offers a degree of relief and assists patients with managing extremely dry, cracked, fissured or scaly skin.
How Atrac-Tain® Moisturizer Works
Atrac-Tain® contains 10% urea. This highly moisturizing ingredient assists with increasing the water content of the stratum corneum, or the epidermis, including its ability to attract and hold onto moisture.
As this occurs, 4% AHA works to keep that moisture locked in. The skin, in turn, sees improved elasticity and is less likely to crack. AHA further works as an exfoliant, helping to shed dry and dead skin cells.
Atrac-Tain® cream and lotion:
• Prevent moisture from evaporating without clogging pores.
• Help soften and soothe dry, cracked skin.
• Are free of fragrances and preservatives, ensuring they won’t irritate sensitive skin.
• Are CHG compatible and can be used with latex, vinyl and nitrile gloves.
• Provide a solution for reducing potential foot ulcers.