Bedside-Care® is a no-rinse, all-in-one foam cleanser that can be used as a body wash, shampoo and for incontinence care. Easy to administer and apply, this pH-balanced foam cleanser provides full-body care without the use of a shower or bathtub.
This is the updated design which includes the removal of all formaldehyde-releasing donors and dyes and has a less tacky formulation, which should result in a smoother feel on the skin. The previous Coloplast item numbers for this product were 7146 and 7147.
How Bedside-Care® No-Rinse Foam Cleanser Works
Ideally applied to the patient’s skin with a dry wipe, Bedside-Care® no-rinse foam cleanser uses Benzethonium Chloride, .1%, as the active ingredient. Particularly for incontinence care, this formulation:
• Removes bodily fluids, bacteria and other materials better than soap and water.
• Can be used at and away from home, thanks to a portable design.
• Is free of dyes and perfumes, making it less likely to irritate the skin.
• Is pH balanced and alcohol free.
• Moisturizes and protects the patient’s skin after it cleanses.
Not every patient is able to use a shower or tub, even if assistance is provided. To help with managing personal hygiene and incontinence care, Bedside-Care® Foam provides a multipurpose formula that can wash hair and cleanse skin and is gentle enough for use on the perineal region.
• To do this, Bedside-Care® Foam:
• Is administered from an eight-oz. pump, allowing for convenient application
• Provides deodorizing properties.
• Is CHG compatible.