Biatain Alginate Ag is a highly absorbent silver dressing designed for use with heavy-exudate partial- to full-thickness wounds, including injuries at risk for infection and in conjunction with a compression bandage.
How it Works
Biatain Alginate Ag helps heal heavy-exudate wounds through a combination of calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and an ionic silver complex. This combination:
• Offers a high degree of absorption for wounds sloughing off a significant amount of tissue.
• Can be used to fill wound cavities with a high risk of infection.
• Can be cut down to any size or depth to fit a wound precisely and conforms to the wound bed by taking on a soft, gel-like consistency.
• Offers antimicrobial properties, thanks to a patented, continuous-delivery complex that releases silver ions once exposed to wound exudate.
• Can be worn for up to seven days to absorb exudate and control infection.
• Provides one-piece removal with a unique design that won’t compromise the dressing’s integrity or cause maceration to the adjacent skin.
• Reduces leak risks through an innovative gel formation that holds onto exudate.
• Provides a clear hemostatic effect, halting blood flow during minor bleedings.
Biatain Alginate Ag is designed for moderate- to heavy-exudate injuries regardless of size, shape or depth, including:
• Leg ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Donor sites
• Post-operative wounds
• Traumatic wounds
• Delayed healing wounds
• Second-degree burns
• Wounds at risk for infection
• Treatment for a local or systemic infection
Biatain Alginate Ag should not be used on dry or light-exudate wounds or as a dressing to manage heavy bleeding.