Biatain Silicone Sacral is a multidirectional foam dressing designed to help absorb and manage exudate. Created to prevent skin breakdown during the wound healing process, this foam dressing can conform up to a depth of two cm and is compatible with prophylactic therapy recommendations to reduce pressure injuries.
How Do Biatain Silicone Sacral Dressings Work?
Biatain Silicone Sacral dressings provide a secure yet still gentle fit. Once in place, the foam dressing creates a barrier against external factors that could stall the wound healing process or lead to infection.
Each dressing consists of a multi-layer design:
• A vapor-permeable top layer provides waterproof protection and creates a shield against bacteria.
• The tissue layer creates a microclimate for optimal wound healing.
• A highly absorbent mid-layer draws in and holds onto both wound exudate and skin moisture.
• 3DFit™ Technology allows Biatain Silicone Sacral dressings to conform to the wound bed.
• Perforated silicone adhesive helps moisture evaporate from the skin while securing the dressing in place.
Once secured, Biatain Silicone Sacral dressings:
• Even out pressure across the entire area of the material, rather than concentrate it in one place.
• Help lessen friction and shearing, which can contribute to tissue breakdown.
• Work to lessen moisture in the wound bed, creating an environment that facilitates healing.
• Reduce the number of gaps between the dressing and wound bed to prevent fluid and bacteria from pooling underneath and to lessen maceration and infection risks.
• Are able to hold onto thicker exudate.
• Can be worn underneath a compression bandage.
• Prevent fluid from migrating to the surrounding skin, thanks to a vertical absorption pattern.