The original CATH-SECURE is a multi-purpose, latex- and DEHP-free standardized system for holding larger-sized tubes, including Foley catheters, without reducing or limiting their flow.
How the CATH-SECURE System Works
Providing a comfortable fit, the CATH-SECURE can stay in place for close to a week and allows for straightforward access to tubing using open-close tabs. The user is less likely to experience skin or tube trauma and avoids having to re-tape shifting or detaching tubes.
In a medical setting, this arrangement prevents nurses from having to reapply or routinely change catheters and other tubing. At home, the patient can easily apply and detach the system without assistance.
- The patient can place the CATH-SECURE’s hypoallergenic adhesive backing on the top of the thigh.
- While in use, the catheter’s tab should surround the medical tube or catheter, helping it remain in place without reducing movement and limiting potential detachment.
Aside from catheters, this CDC- and OSHA-compliant system available in two sizes accommodates subclavian line ports, EKG lead wires and dialysis tubing.
- Item# 5445-2: 2.5″ Long Tab & 3″ x 1¾” Base
- Item# 5445-3: 2.75″ Long Tab & 3″ x 1¼ ” Base
• Indwelling Urinary Catheters
• Central Line Ports
• Peritoneal Dialysis Tubing
• Hemovac Wound Drainage
• Jackson-Pratt Wound Drainage
• EKG Lead Wires
• Prostatectomy Tubes
• Leg Bag Tubing
• Condom Catheters