3M’s Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant creates a waterproof, flexible barrier that helps prevent Incontinence Associated Dermatitis (IAD), reduces the need for reapplication and improves upon traditional paste-based solutions.
How it Works
This no-removal, long-lasting barrier can be worn for up to seven days without damaging the skin and prevents irritants from worsening the patient’s condition.
In the process:
- The material protects against gastric fluid and liquid stool while allowing the patient to move naturally.
- Compared to pastes, Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant provides a higher degree of transparency for improved monitoring.
- A single-use applicator prevents potential cross-contamination and helps improve healing.
- Once in place, Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant won’t shift or detach, no matter if the patient has dry or wet skin or a weeping wound.
- Cavilon Advanced Skin Protectant won’t damage or irritate the skin during the removal process.
- Following removal, the skin simply needs to be cleaned.
The solution is ideal for:
- Peristomal and peritube skin protection
- Addressing moisture and friction lesions
- Reversing and preventing the spread of IAD
- Reducing patient pain
5050 2.7ml applicator / 100 sq. in.
• Protecting skin around fistula
• IAD prevention and management
5051 0.7ml applicator 25 sq. in.
• Peristomal, peri tube and periwound protection
This product is part of 3M’s comprehensive plan for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) and venous leg ulcers (VLU). Too often, dressing changes and exudate overflow result in skin irritation, causing a lag in wound healing. Protection of at-risk periwound skin from excess exudate and mechanical trauma is an essential element in treating these often-stubborn conditions.