An alcohol-free liquid barrier film that protects intact or damaged skin from bodily fluids, adhesive, friction, and incontinence. Completely alcohol-free formula will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin. Forms a breathable, transparent film for long-lasting protection. It is fast drying and non-sticky for better patient comfort. Works even when applied over an area with bends or creases. Non-cytotoxic and hypoallergenic, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film can be used on both intact and damaged skin. Provides clinically-proven protection against incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD).
• Clinically-Proven – Supported by more clinical evidence than any other moisture barrier or barrier film, 70+ clinical studies
• Versatile Solution that Guards Skin From the Outside in- solution for many skin problems including, medical adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI), periwound skin damage, peristomal skin damage, incontinence-associated dermatitis and other mositure and friction skin damage prevention needs
• Patient Friendly – Alcohol-free, hypoallergenic formula won’t sting or irritate skin — can be used on intact or damaged skin
• Simplifies Caregiving – Cost effective, durable, breathable, fast drying, non-sticky, waterproof and CHG compatible formula allows for continuous visualization and monitoring of the skin.
• Unique Formulation – Original, and only terpolymer based alcohol-free barrier film that provides protection from skin damage. It is flexible and conforms to the skin during movement and position changes allowing for a continuous skin protection barrier
This product is part of 3M’s comprehensive plan for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) and venous leg ulcers (VLU). Too often, dressing changes and exudate overflow result in skin irritation, causing a lag in wound healing. Protection of at-risk periwound skin from excess exudate and mechanical trauma is an essential element in treating these often-stubborn conditions.