3M formulated Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Spray with terpolymers creates a breathable, transparent layer that protects the skin from adhesive exposure, bodily fluids and friction.
Benefits of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Spray
Made without alcohol, this Cavilon barrier film goes on without stinging or irritating the skin. The solution dries quickly, doesn’t create a sticky, tacky coating and instead lets the skin breathe. This combination helps protect the skin against incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD) and preserves the film’s properties over areas with bends and creases.
For ostomy, wound and incontinence care, this Cavilon spray:
• Offers a gentler, hypoallergenic and CHG-compatible formula that can be used on intact and damaged skin.
• Protects the skin from the exterior, helping reduce risks for periwound and peristomal skin damage, IAD, friction and medical adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI).
• Guards the skin against exposure to bodily fluids and moisture, including wound exudate, urine and feces.
• Allows for easy application through a waterproof, reliable and breathable formula that can be sprayed on and dries quickly.
• Flexes with the skin, including through movement and folds, without lessening the protection it provides.
• Provides long-lasting protection, remaining up to 72 hours on the skin, and does not need to be scrubbed off with dressing or barrier plate changes.
• Can be used with other medical devices and wound care products, including incontinence pads, skin prep solutions, tapes and dressings.
• Lets the skin breathe and helps moisture evaporate from underneath.
Uses for 3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Spray
Apply the No Sting barrier spray to:
• Protect the skin from moisture and friction, including MASD.
• Create a barrier against adhesive and bodily fluids, including for peritube and peristomal skin.
• Help periwound skin remain intact, including from maceration and MARSI.
• Shield the skin near an IV site.
• Protect the skin during negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT).