• Business +
Compatible with New Image two-piece ostomy systems, the CeraPlus skin barrier utilizes Remois technology* and natural ceramides. This combination ensures a secure, reliable hold and keeps the surrounding peristomal skin moisturized to protect against damage, irritation and erosion.
How It Works
Ceramides are integral to the skin’s natural moisture-retention abilities, working to control transepidermal water loss (TEWL). TEWL may occur after skin sustains a degree of damage – a possibility around a patient’s stoma.
As an essential component of all CeraPlus products, ceramides help the skin around the ostomy barrier retain moisture and assist with maintaining a reliable hold while the system is in use.
Within this arrangement, the CeraPlus barrier can be used with the following types of New Image two-piece ostomy pouches:
• High output
The CeraPlus New Image Two-Piece Skin Barrier features:
• A flat, extended wear barrier
• Cut-to-fit design
• Tape border
The barrier is free of natural rubber latex.
To use the CeraPlus New Image Two-Piece Skin Barrier:
1) Have all supplies available, including the barrier, pouch, disposal bag, cleaning cloth and water. Consider having a set of scissors and a measuring guide ready.
2) Remove the existing barrier, pulling the adhesive away from the skin. Clean and dry the surrounding skin.
3) Measure the stoma. Use the measuring guide to outline the barrier size onto the CeraPlus. The barrier should fit closely enough that no skin can be seen between the plate and the stoma. Otherwise, you risk leakage and irritation.
4) Using the scissors, cut out an opening on the barrier. Do not go beyond the line on the release liner.
5) Then, remove the release liner.
6) To apply, center the barrier opening in a diamond pattern over the stoma. Then, remove the backing paper from the CeraPlus, and press the adhesive side into the skin, applying gentle pressure for at least a minute.
7)Proceed to attach the pouch to the barrier by lining up the pouch flange with the barrier flange. Once you press them together, you should hear a series of clicks.
8) Once the pouch is secured, close the bottom.
*Remois is a technology of Alcare Co., Ltd.
New Image (CeraPlus)
Flange Size: 1 3/4" (44mm)-Green/For Stomas Up To: 1 1/4" (32mm), Flange Size: 2 1/4" (57mm)-Red/For Stomas Up To: 1 3/4" (44mm), Flange Size: 2 3/4" (70mm)-Blue/For Stomas Up To: 2 1/4" (57mm)
1 1/4" (32mm), 1 3/4" (44mm), 2 1/4" (57mm)
1 3/4" (44mm)-Green, 2 1/4" (57mm)-Red, 2 3/4" (70mm)-Blue
1 3/4" (44-45mm), 2 1/4" (57mm), 2 3/4" (70mm)
Box of 5
Most orders ship same day
Straightforward and Streamlined
8am - 7pm EST Monday thru Friday