ColActive PLUS collagen dressings are made from a patented blend of Collagen, EDTA (ethylenediaminetetracetic acid), Alginate and CMC (carboxymethylcellulose).
This unique formulation:
• Lowers select excess MMP activity better than the leading competitive collagen dressing
• Maintains wound pH levels that do not harm growth factors, plasma proteins and other cell types that are required for wound healing
• Contains EDTA, which has shown to be a potent inhibitor of biofilm formation and disruptor of mature biofilms
ColActive PLUS Ag provides additional benefits of 5% ionic silver in the formulation, providing broad spectrum antimicrobial activity.
Recent clinical studies found:
• 88% of ColActive® PLUS Ag patients showed significant chronic wound healing over an 8-week time period, with an average wound size reduction of 65%.
• Second-degree burns treated with ColActive® PLUS Ag experienced a faster speed of epithelialization than those treated with the institution’s traditional standard of care.
1 gram of powder is equivalent to approximately one 4” x 4” ColActive PLUS sheet.