Outside factors can impede the wound healing process, inviting infection, causing the wound bed to dry out or irritating the area. To help streamline the healing process, the CONFORMANT 2 wound contact layer offers easily-applied, non-adherent construction designed to be placed between the wound bed and any secondary dressing. Upon application, permeable, transparent polyethylene allows for effective moisture management and observation, and flexible construction moves with the body, rather than detach.
About the CONFORMANT 2 Wound Contact Layer
To help wounds heal effectiveness, the CONFORMANT 2 contact layer:
• Can be used on most areas of the body, thanks to its flexible construction. Absorbent high-density polyethylene draws out exudate once applied.
• Fully covers the wound while allowing you to monitor the healing process and determine when a dressing change is necessary.
• Lessens maceration risks by allowing for clean, direct removal that won’t tear surrounding skin or damage newly forming tissue within the wound.
• Allows for easy application as a result of material that can be torn consistently along the grain and lets you customize the size of the wound cover.
• Works with other wound management products, including creams, liquids and other topical agents.
Uses for CONFORMANT 2 Wound Contact Layers
CONFORMANT 2 wound dressings help the following heal:
• Skin tears
• First- and second-degree burns
• Skin grafts
• Leg ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Surgical wounds
• Full- and partial-thickness wounds
CONFORMANT 2 is not designed for use with third-degree burns and should not be used on the face or around the eye area.
Should you notice irritation, maceration or excessive tissue development, continue to see material removed from the wound bed during healing or experience an allergic reaction, discontinue product use, and seek appropriate medical attention.