Critic-Aid® is a thick moisture barrier paste designed to protect against and treat incontinence-related skin conditions. Formulated with zinc oxide, the paste soothes inflammation and irritation stemming from exposure to caustic fluids and creates a protective barrier for patients living with severe incontinence.
How Critic-Aid® Barrier Paste Works
Patients living with incontinence have a higher likelihood for skin breakdown and blisters around the perineal region — conditions that can lead to infection. Moisture and caustic bodily fluids contribute to these conditions.
A barrier paste like Critic-Aid® protects the skin, forming a shield against exposure while lessening existing irritation and inflammation. To do this, Critic-Aid® is formulated with skin conditioners that deliver temporary relief, allow the area to heal, and help it stay dry against wetness. Critic-Aid®:
• Can be applied to wet, eroded or weepy skin to deliver effective protection.
• Creates a barrier against moisture to protect against breakdown and irritation.
• Allows the skin to heal while it protects.
• Is CHG compatible.
• Is easy to remove, preventing irritation to existing skin.
• Uses a straightforward, minimal list of ingredients.
• Can be used on neonatal to geriatric patients.