CuraVance Silver Alginate is indicated for the management of moderate to heavily exuding chronic or acute wounds, including venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure injuries, donor sites, partial and full thickness burns and abrasions.
CuraVance Silver Alginate antibacterial calcium alginate dressing is rich in highly absorbent soft gelling mannuronic acid.
The non-woven pad format manages exuding wounds, and the rope is appropriate for filling cavities and indurations. CuraVance Silver Alginate immediately forms a soft, hydrophilic gel on contact with wound exudate absorbing excess fluid and exudate-associated inhibitors of wound healing, creating a moist wound healing environment in intimate contact with the wound bed. Non-woven reinforcing technology enhances wet strength, facilitating atraumatic and complete removal. CuraVance Silver Alginate provides antibacterial protection against both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, commonly associated with wound infections.
Features and Benefits:
• Broad-spectrum antibacterial kills gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
• Silver and fluid capacity extends wear time to 7 days
• Rapid gel formation. Quickly absorbs excess exudate and inhibitors to wound healing
• Provides natural moist wound healing environment
• Intimately conforms to the wound bed, providing complete coverage
• Manages exudate under compression
• Extra non-woven reinforcement for intact and complete removal
• Can be cut to shape and layered for best fit and increased absorption.
Replacement for MedHeal Alginate Ag Rope Dressing