• Business +
Cutimed® Epiona is an innovative dressing based on a natural mode of action. Thanks to its 3D matrix, which is made from 90% native collagen with 10% calcium alginate, Cutimed® Epiona is characterised by its unique similarity to the human dermis. It mimics the function of a healthy dermis and boosts the wound healing process. As a result, Cutimed® Epiona is able to deliver that extra boost chronic wounds need to heal.
The open porous 3D matrix of Cutimed® Epiona® acts as a scaffold to support the regeneration of human dermis that is absent from stalled and chronic wounds that have not progressed to their healing goals. A natural structure of dermal extracellular matrix (ECM) collagen.
• Reduces enzymatic degradation from inflammatory cells by binding MMPs
• Delivers structural support and proliferation of vital cells needed for wound repair
• Creates an ECM-like scaffold encouraging cell proliferation and tissue growth
Cutimed Epiona Benefits:
• Accelerated wound healing
• Safe application
• Easy to combine with your current therapies (e.g. compression therapy)
• Excellent hemostatic properties
• Broad indication for treatment of all wounds healing by secondary intention, free of necrotic tissue
When to use Cutimed® Epiona
Following a holistic wound assessment Cutimed® Epiona is indicated for use on wounds healing by secondary intention which are free of necrotic tissue, such as:
• Diabetic ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Ulcers caused by mixed vascular aetiologies
• Trauma wounds and surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Second degree burns
2" x 2", 4" x 4", 8" x 8"
Individual Dressing, Box of 10
Yes on sizes less than 8"x8"
Most orders ship same day
Straightforward and Streamlined
8am - 7pm EST Monday thru Friday