The Cutimed® Sorbact® system is based on hydrophobic interaction. Once a Cutimed® Sorbact® dressing is applied to the skin, the material attracts pathogens before binding and inactivating them. Dressing changes then remove the bacteria to lower the microbial load and improve wound healing.
How it Works
Cutimed® Sorbact® presents an alternative to antibiotics, ion dressings and antiseptic solutions for healing chronic and acute wounds, including injuries that have become infected.
Hydrophobic interaction is key to its performance. Cutimed® Sorbact® incorporates dialkylcarbamoyl chloride (DCC), a hydrophobic substance designed to work in an aqueous environment to draw the hydrophobic consistency of a pathogen’s membrane and cell walls. Once they are bound, bacteria are no longer able to reproduce, which helps decrease any colonies forming and reduce the risk of infection.
This absorbent wound dressing pad adds Cutimed® Sorbact® to the contact layer.
Cutimed® Sorbact® dressing pads:
• Help inactivate all types of pathogens, including MRSA and VRE.
• Avoid chemical and metabolic interactions, which can result in non-responsive resistant bacterial strains — a possibility when treating wounds with topical antibiotics.
• Guard against cytotoxicity, which can affect the body’s cells during wound healing.
• Prevent endotoxin release, which can happen when microbial cell walls and membranes break down in response to antibiotics and antiseptic solutions and is known to invite inflammation and delay wound healing.
Cutimed® Sorbact® dressing pads are designed for use with medium- to high-exudate shallow wounds, including infected injuries:
• Chronic wounds
• Venous leg ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Arterial ulcers before revascularization
• Surgical wounds
• Traumatic wounds
For a complete degree of moisture management, Cutimed® Sorbact® dressings can be used as a primary or secondary dressing in conjunction with the following:
• Transparent dressings
• High-absorbent dressings
7216101: 2¾ ” x 3½”
7216100: 2¾ ” x 3½”
7216201: 4″ x 4″ 5
7216300: 4″ x 8″