In terms of wound treatment, the abdominal area has specific needs and risks, including potential pooling of fluids. Dermacea™ abdominal pads aid this process through a two-part design developed to direct fluids to the center, absorb them and then spread them out over a wider area.
Dermacea™ may be used as a primary dressing or with a secondary dressing to address high-exudate wounds.
Features of Dermacea™ ABD Pads
Providing a high degree of absorbency and comfort against the skin, Dermacea™ abdominal pads:
• Are constructed out of a non-woven material for a gentle, next-to-skin feel.
• Feature a soft outer layer and fluffy interior to divert fluid into the ABD pad and help disperse it over a five-inch area.
• Include four sealed edges to prevent lint formation from irritating the wound and help the fluid stay contained.
• Are individually wrapped to uphold their integrity.
Uses for Dermacea™ Abdominal Pads
The combination of absorbency and fluid control makes Dermacea™ abdominal pads ideal as:
• A primary layer for heavily exudating wounds
• A secondary layer for heavily exudating wounds
• Padding for pressure points
• A versatile, multipurpose high-absorbency dressing