Representing the next generation of gel dressings, DURAFIBER products are a series of high-performance, non-woven fiber-blend dressings that offer straightforward one-piece removal. In the process, they create an ideal environment for and anticipate issues involved in healing medium- and heavy-exudate wounds.
Using this format, DURAFIBER Ag is a non-woven, absorbent, gelling silver fibrous dressing utilizing cellulose ethyl sulphonate fibers and ionic fibers to disrupt and halt pathogenic activity and lessen both infection risks and bioburden.
What’s Different About DURAFIBER?
DURAFIBER’s non-woven, high-performance blend combines 20% natural-strengthening cellulose fibers with 80% gelling cellulose ethyl sulphonate fibers (CES). The result in a finely spun material that turns into a cohesive gel once in contact with exudate. This combination:
• Delivers high wet strength, absorbing and holding onto exudate in the process.
• Won’t shrink when wet, thanks to its reinforced fiber construction.
• Feels comfortable against the skin by shaping to the wound bed.
• Reduces lateral wicking to protect the surrounding skin against maceration.
• Reduces cross contamination during removal.
• Lessens dead space in the wound, where bacterial may grow, while creating a moist healing environment.
Benefits of DURAFIBER Ag Dressings
DURAFIBER Ag dressing deliver sustained release of silver for up to seven days upon application. The dressing targets and kills pathogens within 30 minutes and offers broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity for up to four hours.
Once applied to the skin, DURAFIBER Ag forms a cooling gel when in contact with exudate. This occurrence not only allows the dressing to form to the wound bed, but it also:
• Handles a wide range of pathogens, including aerobic, anaerobic bacteria and antibiotic-resistant strains.
• Allows for autolytic debridement of the wound.
• Reduces trauma to the wound bed, lessening patient pain.
• Can be used with cavity wounds.
• Is less likely to shed fibers and leave residue on the wound bed.
• Offers a high degree of exudate absorption and retention.
DURAFIBER Ag is ideal for managing and treating chronic and acute, full- and partial-thickness, and shallow granulating wounds:
• Leg ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Surgical wounds
• Traumatic wounds
• Donor sites
• Partial thickness burns
• Tunneling and fistulae wounds
• Surgically or mechanically debrided wounds
• Infected wounds
Not for use with non-exudating wounds. Should not be used with patients who have a silver sensitivity.