Elasto-Gel is a glycerin-based, highly absorbent hydrogel dressing. Once applied, it assists with a creating a moist wound-healing environment without restricting the wearer’s movement.
How Elasto-Gel Absorbent Wound Dressings Work
Elasto-Gel wound dressings:
• Are made with four-way stretch cloth: This material won’t gather or bunch up during wear and allows the patient a full range of movement while the wound heals.
• Utilize breathable construction: Material allows air to pass through and circulate.
• Involve less frequent, less painful dressing changes: Elasto-Gel wound dressings rapidly absorb exudate without requiring frequent changes. At the same time, the inclusion of glycerin allows for more gentler removal.
• Reduce infection risks: This combination further locks in bacteria and fungi to lessen their presence in the wound bed, decreasing a patient’s infection risks in the process.
Properties of Elasto-Gel Absorbent Wound Dressings
Each dressing starts with a glycerin polymer gel sheet and includes four-way 1/8-inch stretch cloth on top. This combination is:
Bacteriostatic: Elasto-Gel has been shown to be bacteriostatic and to reduce the level of bacteria compared to other wound dressings. Each Elasto-Gel hydrogel dressing lessens the growth of such major microbes as Pseudomonas A., MRSA, Staphylococcus a., E. coli and Streptococcus p.
Highly Absorbent: Independent laboratory studies have shown that Elasto-Gel absorbs 3.5 times more exudate in 24 hours than commonly recognized high-absorbent dressings. Elasto-Gel can be used in place of hydrocolloids, hydrogels and membrane dressings. Elasto-Gel absorbs exudate, protects the wound, promotes a moist wound environment, will not macerate healthy skin and never dries out.
Lessens Friction: Once applied to bonier areas with less padding, Elasto-Gel absorbent dressings help protect the skin from friction. This property makes this dressing ideal for use during surgical procedures.
Benefits of Elasto-Gel Absorbent Wound Dressings
This combination also:
• Prevents the dressing from drying out and sticking to the wound.
• Lessens maceration risks.
• Can be cut to fit a range of wounds.
• Allows for quick, efficient dressing changes.
• Won’t disrupt the formation of new tissue.
• Offers greater bacterial reduction compared to other wound dressings.
• Offers an alternative to hydrocolloid, hydrogel and membrane dressings.
• Won’t melt to or leave a residue on the wound.
• Helps cool the skin upon application.
• Improves cellular growth and subsequent tissue granulation and epithelialization.