Formulated with Hydrolock® technology, Exufiber® Ag+ is a sterile, non-woven dressing that transforms into a gel once exposed to exudate. Conforming to the wound bed, it quickly controls and offers sustained antimicrobial action against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and mold and provides a degree of odor control.
How it Works
When this fiber dressing is applied to the wound, it starts to absorb exudate and, at the same time, develops a gel consistency. This quality helps create a moist wound healing environment while allowing for easy, one-piece removal during changes.
For healing wounds, Exufiber® Ag+ dressings:
• Provide a high degree of absorption to trap exudate, bacteria and blood to prevent leaks and maceration, and continue to provide this quality even under compression.
• Deliver efficient and quick antimicrobial action for up to seven days.
• Kill both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, including VRE and MRSA in vitro, with silver sulphate and can kill molds within 24 hours of application.
• Evenly distribute silver sulphate to provide effective and even antimicrobial properties.
• Offer high wet tensile strength, allowing for one-piece removal.
Exufiber® Ag+ dressings are ideal for medium- to high-exudate wounds and may be used in combination with Mepilex® Border with Safetac® technology. The dressing helps with treating:
• Pressure ulcers
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Partial thickness burns
• Surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Chronic wounds
• Oncology wounds
Exufiber® Ag+ should not be used with
dry wounds or full-thickness burns. If the dressing dries out and is difficult to remove, it should be moistened according to clinical practice and allowed to soak until it lifts easily. A health care professional can help in this situation.