Hibiclens® is a 4% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) based solution designed to reduce infection rates in medical facilities. This antiseptic skin cleanser and soap is designed for daily patient bathing, killing germs immediately and offering 24-hour antibacterial action.
How Hibiclens® Cleanser and Soap Works
Stemming the spread of infection remains a concern for medical facilities. Studies have shown that while medical settings have reduced these rates, one in 25 patients may experience a hospital-acquired infection.
Used for over four decades, Hibiclens® is an antiseptic cleanser and soap designed to aid this process:
• CHG kills germs and other microorganisms immediately upon contact, allowing for more reliable infection control.
• CHG guards against several types of bacteria, including salmonella, E. coli, staph, strep, C. difficile and MRSA.
• Hibiclens® doesn’t wash off during bathing. Instead, CHG attaches to the skin to continue providing antiseptic action for the next 24 hours.
• Regular usage of Hibiclens® has been shown to reduce a hospital’s infection rates when patients are bathed daily with the solution.
• Although the cleanser provides prolonged action, Hibiclens® doesn’t leave a sticky or tacky residue and can be incorporated into the patient’s skincare routine.
As a result, Hibiclens® remains the #1 Pharmacist-Recommended Antibacterial Soap.
Uses for Hibiclens® Cleanser and Soap
While Hibiclens® applies to a wide range of situations, it’s especially helpful for:
• Cleaning the skin before surgery to reduce infection at the surgical incision site.
• Post-operative usage further helps prevent surgical site infection.
• Caregivers looking to protect themselves and their patients against exposure to germs.
• Families looking to lessen exposure to common germs.
• Athletes wanting a solution to guard against staph infection.
• Hand washing procedures for medical facility personnel
• Surgical hand scrubbing to reduce spreading bacteria and infection.