Give your patients a head start toward wound resolution with HYCOL® HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN.
HYCOL® HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN is Type 1 bovine hydrolyzed collagen fragments for the management of acute and chronic wounds. HYCOL® is approximately 1/100th the size of native collagen. With HYCOL® HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, the body does not have to break it down, so the benefits of collagen are provided to the wound.
Benefits of HYCOL® HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN:
• Provides a moist wound environment
• Versatile – Conforms to any wound bed including tunneling and undermining wounds
• Compatible – May be used with any secondary dressing
• Easy to Apply – New wider tip for easier application
• Effective – Provides fragments to the wound bed that are a fraction of the size of native collagen
• Contains no additives
• No special storage required
• On average, 1g bottle covers 20-25cm2
For use in the management of acute and chronic wounds including:
• Chronic and acute wounds
• Partial- and full-thickness wounds
• Pressure injuries I-IV
• Venous stasis ulcers
• Arterial ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
• 1st and 2nd degree burns
• Known sensitivity to bovine collagen
1) Debride the wound bed of slough and necrotic tissue.
2) Apply powder, covering the entire area of the wound bed and wound margin.
3) Gently push powder into any areas of undermining.
4) Apply an appropriate secondary dressing.
5) Reapply a minimum of 2-3 times a week or as necessary.