Using polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) foam, Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC is an antibacterial dressing containing a combination of methylene blue and gentian violet to absorb and hold onto exudate and control bacteria present in the wound bed.
How Do Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC Foam Dressings Work?
Once moistened and applied, Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC dressings provide the following properties:
Continuous Wicking and Wound Management
Once Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC is applied to the wound, PVA moves exudate containing bacteria into the foam via natural negative pressure. This not only creates a moist healing environment but also helps control bioburden and provide autolytic debridement.
With time, this combination helps flatten the wound’s edges, healing the area and reducing potential scarring.
Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC foam dressings deliver broad-spectrum antimicrobial action, providing an alternative to silver dressings in the process. Application helps control Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE) and Candida albicans, among other microorganisms potentially present in the wound bed.
Benefits of Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC Foam Dressings
For healing a range of superficial to deep wounds, Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC dressings:
- Offer non-cytotoxic construction.
- Cost less than silver antimicrobial dressings.
- Can be used by users undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Won’t stall growth factors during recovery.
- Are compatible with enzymatic debriding solutions.
- Offer a greater tensile strength than other dressings.
- Help slough dead tissue to manage debris.
Uses for Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC Foam Dressings
Hydrofera Blue CLASSIC foam dressings assist with treating:
- Shallow to deep and tunneling wounds
- Wounds with or without vital tissue
- Wounds generating moderate to heavy amounts of exudate
- Wounds at risk for infection
- Infected wounds
2″ x 2″: HB2214
4″ x 4″: HB4414
4″ x 5″: HB4514
6″ x 6″: HB6614