Hydrofera Blue READY-Transfer Antibacterial Foam Dressings bring naturally powerful yet gentle care to partial- and full-thickness wounds.
This antibacterial foam dressing has no film backing and contains two organic pigments, methylene blue and gentian violet.
How it Works
Utilizing polyurethane foam, Hydrofera Blue READY-Transfer Antibacterial Dressings feature a two-part system for controlling bacteria and managing exudate. The absence of a film backing increases the amount of fluid it can hold. As soon as the foam absorbs it, the exudate gets transferred to a secondary dressing, which locks it in to prevent leaks. As this occurs, the antibacterial properties protect the wound against a wide range of microorganisms.
For healing wounds, Hydrofera Blue READY-Transfer Antibacterial Foam Dressings:
• Offer a non-cytotoxic solution.
• Help maintain a moist wound environment.
• Do not require hydration before use.
• Provide up to seven days of wear.
• Do not stall or restrict growth factors, allowing the wound to generate new tissue.
• Are a cost-effective wound care solution.
Hydrofera Blue READY-Transfer Antibacterial Foam Dressings assist with treating shallow wounds and moderate- to heavy-exudate wounds.
• Make sure your wound is clean.
• Select the size of dressing that will completely cover the entire wound area. Three sizes are available: 2.5 x 2.5 inches, 4 x 5 inches and 8 x 8 inches.
• Secure with a secondary dressing of gauze or tape.
• Hydrofera Blue READY-Transfer Foam Dressing may remain in place for up to seven days. Consult your caregiver for the appropriate frequency of changing your dressing.
Looking for the Non-Transfer style? Order the Hydrofera Blue READY Antibacterial Foam Dressing here.