HYPAFIX is a comfortable, non-woven dressing retention tape that stretches for easy application and patient comfort. HYPAFIX is waterproof with a non-irritating adhesive that acts as an excellent secondary dressing for gauze, foams, gels and other wound care solutions.
What Is Hypafix Tape?
Hypafix medical tape is a dressing designed to fit to any area, be it stretching, conforming to your body or being cut to size. Durable, flexible construction allows you to move without the dressing detaching or shifting around yet allows for painless removal, even when applied directly to hair.
Hypafix tape functions as a secondary securement solution for dressings:
• Hypoallergenic: Hypafix tape is gentle enough to be used by patients with sensitive skin and won’t result in irritation or skin breakdown.
• Clear waterproof material: Waterproof construction reliably protects bandages, pads and tubes from moisture without detaching. The tape can be worn in the shower or bath without a shield on top.
• Polyurethane film: Each wide-cut piece of tape is made with a breathable polyurethane film and adhesive designed to block out bacteria, water and other contaminants while offering a high moisture vapor transmission rate.
• Breathable, permeable construction: The skin underneath stays hydrated as the wound heals, with the tape guarding against bacteria and infection. Transparent material even allows you to wear it while undergoing imaging.
• Secure: Hypafix tape dependably allows your wound dressings to stay in place, no matter the injury being treated.
• Conforms to the body: Thin, flexible construction stretches to provide a skin-like feel once applied anywhere on the body. This allows pads and bandages to be reliably placed around joints.
How to Use Hypafix Tape
Hypafix dressings are designed to help with treating a range of conditions:
• They function as an adhesive to keep bandages, including gauze and absorbent pads, in place.
• The material can protect glucose monitoring systems and insulin pumps.
• They assist with securing catheters, tubes and drainage lines, so that they don’t move during wear, yet won’t restrict the patient’s movement.
Monks’ Note: This is the “Single Use” tape roll, which is shorter than the standard version. For the standard, 10-yd. Hypafix roll for more than one use.