IODOFLEX pads provide a three-in-one solution for controlling bacteria and healing wounds. Formulated with sterile Cadexomer Iodine, each pad holds onto exudate once applied, assists with debriding the wound bed and transforms into a gel consistency to conform to the surface.
As this occurs, the pads release iodine, which provides antimicrobial action to kill microorganisms.
Once the iodine begins to have an effect, IODOFLEX pads change color. Each pad:
• Assists with creating a moist wound healing environment by taking on a gel consistency.
• Helps with managing exudate and controlling debris, reducing the amount of manual action needed.
• Controls bacteria to reduce potential infections and subsequent pain.
• Indicates when the pad should be removed by changing to a white color.
• Reduces the number of dressing changes by absorbing up to six times its weight in exudate and allowing the healing process to progress rather than stall.
• Provides non-adhesive application, which lessens trauma to the wound site during changes, allows for easier removal and improves patient comfort.
IODOFLEX pads can be used as a primary dressing for:
• Venous stasis ulcers
• Pressure sores
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
• Surgical wounds