Jevity 1.5 Cal is a nutritional supplement designed for long- and short-term feeding. It’s formulated as a calorically dense solution enhanced with fiber to deliver comprehensive, balanced nutrition to patients who completely or partially depend on tube feeding. Medical supervision is recommended.
Patients may use Jevity 1.5 Cal as a supplemental or primary nutrition source. Aside from tube feeding, the formula is additionally designed for oral feeding. Jevity 1.5 Cal:
- Provides a source of concentrated calories (1.5 cal/mL), which assists with gaining or maintaining weight.
- Meets daily fiber intake for nutrition and bowel function with 21g of total fiber (11g proprietary fiber blend with 10g of NutraFlora® scFOS®).
- Helps stimulate bacteria growth in the colon through 15g of prebiotic 15g NutraFlora® scFOS®*/1500 mL. scFOS.
- Provides 25 essential vitamins and minerals, based on RDIs per 1,500-calorie serving.
- Meets various dietary needs, including Kosher, Halal, gluten-free and lactose intolerance.
Ingredients: Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Short-chain Fructooligosaccharides, Soy Protein Isolate, Medium chain Triglycerides, Calcium Caseinate, Oat Fiber. Less than 0.5% of: Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Gum Arabic, Magnesium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Taurine, L-Carnitine, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacinamide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B12.
- Protein: 15.1g
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrate: 51.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Total Sugars: 3.6g
- Added Sugars: 3.6g
- L-Carnitine: 36mg
- Taurine: 36mg
Note: Product contains milk and soy. Should not be used with an IV or by patients with galactosemia.
For the Ready-to-Hang container:
- Product should be served at room temperature.
- Wash hands with soap and water before opening. Avoid touching the packaging near where the nutritional supplement will be administered. Otherwise, this increases the risk microbial contamination.
- Turn the container upside down and then shake in a twisting motion for at least 10 seconds.
- Only deliver the formula in accordance with a doctor’s instructions. Never provide a patient with more than they can handle in a single serving.
If using with an enteral feeding pump:
- Remove the dust cover from the product’s Safety Screw Cap and the patient’s feeding set connector.
- Insert the set connector into the Safety Screw Cap, fully penetrating the foil.
- Turn the set connector until it’s securely attached. Then, close the clamp on the feeding set.
- After, turn the container upside down and suspend it from the ring on the bottom.
- The product should hang for no more than 48 hours after first being attached to the feeding set connector, assuming only one set and a clean securement technique will be used. If not, the container should only be left out for 24 hours after the initial connection.