A best-in-class substrate, KerraCel Ag3 is a carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) gelling fiber dressing designed to help create the optimal healing environment:
– Quickly absorbs and locks away exudate and its harmful components
– Micro-contours to the wound bed to eliminate dead space where bacteria can live
– Designed to reduce the risk of periwound maceration
– Strong enough to be removed in one piece
A fast and powerful silver technology, KerraCel Ag3 is the ONLY gelling dressing with Ag Oxysalts (Ag3 ), providing UP TO 6 TIMES MORE POWER than traditional silvers (Ag1 )
– Kills bacteria within a biofilm and prevents biofilm re-formation
– Quickly kills at least 99.999% (5 log) of a broad spectrum of bacteria
Check out our Product Resources tab below for more information on this product.
This product is part of 3M’s comprehensive plan for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) and venous leg ulcers (VLU). Biofilm, present in greater than 70% of chronic wounds, causes persistent inflammation and poor wound healing. Wound bed preparation, including the management of biofilm, is an essential element in treating these often-stubborn conditions.