The LUBRICATH™ Latex Foley Catheter is designed for easier, more straightforward insertion and improved patient comfort during wear. Facilitating this is a hydrogel coating that creates a smooth barrier between the catheter and urethra while simultaneously absorbing fluid.
Of these specialty foley catheters, the Emmett model includes three spaced-out eyelets along the tip to improve drainage and prevent full occlusion as the patient manages post-TURP hemostasis.
Please note that foley catheters require a prescription. Patients must be instructed on their use by a medical professional before attempting to insert one at home.
For post-surgical use, LUBRICATH™ Latex Foley Catheters help with lessening irritation resulting from the catheter’s tip rubbing against or causing “tenting” of the roof of the bladder.
This two-way specialty model features a long round tip and three eyelets for drainage. This combination:
• Works to prevent total occlusion of the catheter’s eyelets during recovery, which can happen as a result of a clot formation, bladder tissue or post-surgical debris.
• Includes a 30cc ribbed balloon, which utilizes traction to apply consistent pressure and influence hemostasis.
• Prevents the balloon from migrating upward and blocking the eyelets.
• Guards against atraumatic insertion and provides a more reliable, comfortable experience.
• Ensures the BD hydrogel coating doesn’t wear away during use to allow for clean, less-traumatic removal.