How Mefix works
The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapor permeability. Mefix is stretchable, conforms well to body contours and allows body movements when in place. The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier to blood and fluid. The polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin but at the same time provide secure fixation.
The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 4 inch intervals and has a perforated split for easy removal and application. Mefix may be easily cut to the desired shape and size.
Benefits of Mefix
• Skin friendly adhesive
• Provides secure fixation
• Stretchable, conformable fabric backing provides barrier to blood and fluid
• Pre-measured release paper allows for convenient measurement/cutting
• May be applied over flexing areas such as neck, elbows, knees
• Air permeable
• Easy-to-remove backing paper with perforated split
Areas of use
• Fixation of dressings, catheters and cannulae