Formulated with polyacrylate adhesive, Mefix Dressing Fixation Fabric Tape is a self-adhesive fabric tape designed to help secure dressings, tubes and cannulas. Once in place, Mefix delivers reliable fixation with a gentle yet secure hold and lets the skin breathe.
How Mefix works
The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapor permeability. Mefix is stretchable, conforms well to body contours and allows body movements when in place. The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier to blood and fluid. The polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin but at the same time provide secure fixation.
The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 4 inch intervals and has a perforated split for easy removal and application. Mefix may be easily cut to the desired shape and size.
Benefits of Mefix Tape
Mefix tape provides skin-compatible construction through a combination of water-based, non-woven fabric material and solvent-free polyacrylate adhesive. For securing dressings and medical devices, Mefix tape:
• Offers soft, flexible construction that’s gentle on the skin.
• Is designed to be non-absorbent.
• Allows for nearly painless, atraumatic removal during adjustments and dressing changes.
• Ensures the skin can breathe during wear, thanks to perforated construction, and won’t lock in moisture.
• Provides sufficient coverage against outside contamination, including moisture.
• Helps secure multiple types of dressing materials, gauze, tubes and cannulas.
• Can be fit and cut to size and adapts to the body’s shape.
• Can be torn directly from the roll without a need for scissors.
• Includes measuring marks in centimeters to ensure you cut off just the right amount, which further helps reduce waste.