Creating an ideal wound healing environment, Mepilex® Ag is an antimicrobial foam dressing that feels soft and comfortable against the skin while utilizing Safetac® technology to close the wound’s edges.
Safetac® technology is integral to the Mepilex® Ag dressing. This layer:
• Prevents exudate from migrating to the surrounding skin.
• Helps lessen maceration risks, which can damage the skin and draw out the healing process.
• Allows for clean, gentle dressing changes without damaging or irritating the wound bed and surrounding skin.
• Lessens patient pain and improves comfort.
Once applied, Mepilex® Ag begins to deactivate pathogens on the wound bed within 30 seconds and continues to do so for up to seven days after application. In the process, Mepilex® Ag:
• Reduces both microorganisms and odors.
• Remains in place even after adjustments and when you change the secondary dressing.
• Can be worn under a compression bandage.
• Can be cut down to fit the wound’s size.
• Is less likely to irritate the skin or cause an allergic reaction.
Mepilex® Ag is ideal for treating various low- to moderate-exudate wounds:
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Partial thickness burns
1. Removing the existing dressing and clean the wound.
2. Cut Mepilex® Ag to fit the wound bed.
3. Apply to the skin, so that the dressing overlaps one to two cm with the surrounding skin.
• 4˝ x 4˝ (10 x 10 cm)
• 4˝ x 5˝ (10 x 12 cm)
• 4˝ x 8˝ (10 x 20 cm)
• 6˝ x 6˝ (15 x 15 cm)
• 8˝ x 8˝ (20 x 20 cm)
• 8˝ x 20˝ (20 x 50 cm)