Designed for preventing chronic ulcers, Mepilex® Border Heel dressings use a five-layer system with Deep Defense™ technology. This combination provides the right amount of strength and absorption without compromising its flexibility.
How it Works
Supported by over 80 pieces of research, Mepilex® Border Heel dressings hold onto exudate and create a moist healing environment through a multipart system:
• Safetac technology helps close the wound’s edges and prevents exudate from leaking and spreading to surrounding skin. During dressing changes, this layer works to prevent adhesion, thus reducing damage to the wound bed and surrounding skin and lessening patient pain.
• Deep Defense™ technology specifically targets factors contributing to pressure ulcers, guarding the area against extrinsic pressure, shearing and friction, and creating an ideal climate.
• A five-layer absorbent foam structure draws in exudate to manage wet wounds while controlling moisture, blocking out bacteria and reducing skin damage.
Mepilex dressing sizes are carefully designed to cover the heel, a notoriously difficult area for hard-to-treat wounds. This border dressing may be used prophylactically to prevent problems like pressure ulcers and post-operative blistering. The moisture-proof and bacteria-proof film backing ensures a secure coverage area.
• Is non-traumatic to the wound and surrounding skin at removal for undisturbed healing.
• Provides less painful dressing changes, resulting in less stress for patients and caregivers.
• Reduces the risk of leakage and maceration.
• Maintains a moist environment for optimized wound healing.
• Is tailored for the heel.
• Eliminates the need for a custom-cut dressing.
• Won’t compromise patient mobility.
Mepilex® Border Heel dressings are designed to treat medium-to-high exuding wounds, including pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, heel ulcers, traumatic wounds and other secondary healing wounds.