A multipurpose antimicrobial foam dressing, Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag helps with managing a broad spectrum of medium- to high-exudating wounds. Formulated with Safetac® technology and ionic silver, it works to deactivate pathogens living in the wound while decreasing pain and discomfort during dressing changes.
How it Works
Ionic silver is the key ingredient in Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag Foam Dressings, providing antimicrobial properties. The silver activates once the dressing comes in contact with exudate to start controlling bacteria and pathogens.
• Can inactivate pathogens after four hours and offerings antimicrobial action for up to eight days, reducing the wound’s bioburden.
• Creates a gentle antimicrobial barrier for wounds that have a greater risk of reinfection.
• Uses Safetac® technology with silicone adhesive to reduce pain during dressing changes.
• Holds into exudate, helping retain and manage wound fluid.
Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag Foam Dressings help with managing the following types of wounds:
• Skin tears
• Surgical and sutured wounds
• Partial-thickness burns
• Partial- and full-thickness grafts
• Diabetic ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Arterial ulcers
In the process, each dressing:
• Supports the healing of sacral pressure ulcers with an anatomical shape.
• Helps reduce microorganisms in infected sacral wounds.
• Functions as an antimicrobial barrier in sacral wounds at high risk of infection or re-infection.
• Provides rapid and sustained antimicrobial properties.