Creating a wound contact layer, Mepitel® Ag delivers antimicrobial action to a range of exudate-heavy wounds to lessen the bioburden. To do this, silver sulphate halts or lessens microbial growth, while Safetac® technology allows the dressing to deliver these healing properties for up to eight days.
How it Works
Once applied, Mepitel® Ag inactivates both bacterial and fungal pathogens within four hours and maintains such an environment over eight days’ time. This process lessens infection and re-infection risks while reducing the wound’s bioburden and potential odors.
Safetac® technology offers a gentle application solution. Using silicone adhesion, Safetac® technology:
• Reduces pain, stress and damage to surrounding tissue during dressing changes.
• Allows for targeted antimicrobial activity and faster wound healing.
• Accommodates a range of wounds and burns, including high-exudate injuries.
• Will not attach to the wound itself to reduce potential maceration.
• Features open-mesh fabrication, which allows any fluid to pass through to a secondary dressing for absorption.
• Distributes peel forces over more skin surface area to prevent skin and cell stripping and subsequent damage.
Mepitel® Ag helps with healing:
• Skin tears
• Sutured and surgical wounds
• Partial thickness burns
• Partial- and full-thickness skin grafts
• Diabetic ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Arterial ulcers
Patients may leave Mepitel® Ag in place for up to eight days upon application. However, more frequent dressing changes may be needed based on the:
• Condition of the wound and surrounding skin
• Doctor recommendations
• Wound type
• Clinical practices
To apply, Mepitel® Ag dressings can:
• Be cut to a shape to better fit the wound
• Be used underneath compression bandages
• Remain in place while a secondary dressing is changed more frequently
5 x 7.5 in.
7.5 x 10 in.
10 x 12 in.
10 x 18 in.
20 x 30 in.
20 x 50 in.