How Mepitel One works
Mepitel One may be left in place for up to 14 days, depending on the condition of the wound, which reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel One allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac technology layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and allows for atraumatic dressing changes
The Safetac technology layer also seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration
Benefits of Mepitel One
• Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes1
• Safetac technology layer on wound contact side only (one sided) for easy handling and application
• May remain in place for up to 14 days which allows cost effective and undisturbed wound healing
• Enables less frequent dressing changes
• Minimizes the risk of maceration2
• Leaves no residue and does not dry out
• Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and wear
• Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
• Stays in place
Areas of use
Skin tears • Painful wounds • Surgical incisions • Skin abrasions • Traumatic wounds • Partial thickness burns • Lacerations • Blistering • Radiation skin • Leg and foot injury • Partial and full-thickness grafts
It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Mepitel One may be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice (exudate should pass freely through the dressing and the holes should not be blocked).
If saturated, the secondary absorbent dressing should be changed with the Mepitel One left in place.