Benefits of Mextra Superabsorbent
• Helps reduce the risk of leakage and maceration through absorption and retention properties
• Can minimize the need for frequent dressing changes
• May lead to reduced treatment costs
• Maintains structure and integrity without becoming bulky upon exudate absorption
• Protects against fluid strike-through
• Promotes patient comfort
• Has protease modulating properties and provides a conducive environment for healing to proceed
Areas of use
Mextra Superabsorbent is intended for use on moderately to highly exuding wounds. Mextra Superabsorbent absorbs wound exudate through the wound contact layer, retains the exudate within the core, and thereby could reduce the risk of maceration. The fluid-repellent nonwoven backing acts as an exudate barrier and prevents exudate strike-through.
Frequency of change
The wound and Mextra Superabsorbent should be inspected regularly. The dressing should be changed based on the condition of the wound or before the dressing has become saturated. Mextra Superabsorbent may be left on the wound for several days.