For general medical applications, Micropore S Surgical Tape presents the ideal combination for maintaining skin integrity and patient comfort. Material can be removed or repositioned without tearing the skin and increasing a patient’s risk of MARSI or causing pain. At the same time, the hold is secure enough to allow for up to 48 hours of wear.
For the single-use roll click here.
Benefits of Micropore S Surgical Tape
Constructed of a paper-plastic hybrid with silicone adhesive, Micropore S Surgical Tape offers the following benefits:
• Consistent Adhesion: No matter if you apply it directly or need to adjust the dressing, Micropore S Surgical Tape delivers a smooth hold and clean removal that won’t damage or disrupt the skin’s layers.
• Clean Removal: Micropore S Surgical Tape can be detached without causing the patient a high level of discomfort or damaging the skin to increase risks of MARSI. As well, the tape won’t leave a sticky residue behind and won’t tug on the patient’s hair.
• Long-term wear: Micropore S Surgical Tape offers short- and long-term use, designed to provide flexible wear for up to 48 hours once on.
• Ease of application: During dressing changes, Micropore S Surgical Tape can be torn by hand, instead of requiring scissors.
• Limiting cross-contamination: Ideal for medical environments, rolls of Micropore S Surgical Tape are individually packaged to prevent cross-contamination compared to unpackaged tape.
• Skin friendly: Micropore S Surgical Tape is free of natural rubber latex, instead using skin-friendly silicone as an adhesive. The result lessens irritation and can be used on delicate, sensitive skin, including for the elderly, infants and children.
Uses for Micropore S Surgical Tape
As a multipurpose securement tape, Micropore S Surgical Tape is ideal for various general applications, including:
• After drawing blood
• Holding lightweight dressings in place
• Supporting IV lines and tubing
• Supporting non-critical tubing
• Repeat taping
Monks’ Note: Micropore surgical tape was previously branded as Kind Removal Silicone Tape.