NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings are multi-layered dressings carefully constructed with Smart Transfer Technology (STT), a blend of proprietary fibers that support excellent wound bed preparation and fluid management.
Smart Transfer Technology is unique to NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings and uses a combination of capillary, hydroconductive and electrostatic properties to quickly absorb and effectively transfer large amounts of wound fluids up and out of the wound bed. In heavily exuding wounds, STTT will transfer wound fluids to additional dressing layers.
Harmful wound components such as MMP’s, bacteria (infection), wound debris and slough are also removed with the wound fluid. Newly granulating tissue is left unharmed.
• Absorbs and removes excessive exudate
• Draws out harmful MMP’s
• Facilitates removal of wound debris and bacteria
• Pure white color of dressing helps distinguish between dry and moist dressings
Indications for Use:
NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings and Ropes are indicated for the management of moderately to heavily exuding superficial or deep wounds.
NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings and Ropes can be used on the following wounds including:
• Acute wounds, such as complex surgical wounds • Full or Partial Thickness Wounds
• Moderate to heavily draining wounds • Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DLU)
• Pressure ulcers (stages 2-4) • 1st & 2nd degree burns
• Lower Extremity Ulcers • Venous Leg Ulcers (VLU)
NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings and Ropes should not be used if arterial bleeding is present. NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressings and Ropes are not indicated for dry wound conditions or for 3rd degree burns.
A non-adherent contact layer should be used on burns, as well as low-exuding wounds, to prevent adherence to the wound bed. Wounds should be reviewed and appropriately managed, under the direction of a medical practitioner.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Clean and rinse the wound per usual protocol. NovaGran Antimicrobial Wound Solution is ideal for this as it helps manage bioburden to help prepare the wound bed for healing.
2. (Dressings) Place the NovaGran Hydroconductive Dressing on the moist wound. If necessary, fold or cut to adjust to wound size; layers may be used for highly exuding wounds.
3. (Ropes) Coil the NovaGran Hydroconductive Rope gently into cavity wounds leaving an end or “tail” for easy extraction.
4. In case of slightly exuding wounds, moisten the dressing with physiological saline solution.
5. Cover with secondary dressing or bandage of choice.
6. Change dressing every 1-3 days, when strike through occurs, or at least every 7 days.
7. When changing dressing, remove secondary dressing and gently remove the entire dressing. Flush if necessary.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Do not use if individual pouch is damaged/opened.