In helping a wound heal and reduce maceration, Optifoam Gentle EX Dressings utilize a waterproof, five-layer design. This construction draws in and holds onto exudate, preventing the spread of infection, while conforming to the wound’s base and shape.
With a flexible, low-profile design, Optifoam Gentle EX Dressings:
• Are constructed with a waterproof silicone exterior that creates a barrier against outside moisture and bacteria that could infect the wound.
• Feature a silicone face and border, which improve flexibility and help reduce discomfort during wear and removal.
• Utilize a five-layer design with a highly absorbent core that holds onto exudate and contains it by transforming the fluid into a gel.
• Are made with a gentle silicone adhesive, which lets you lift up and securely reapply the dressing without damaging the wound.
• Adjust the moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) to the amount of fluid absorbed without reducing breathability.
Optifoam Gentle EX Wound Dressings are designed to assist with healing full- and partial-thickness wounds.