The Ostoform Seal ensures that stoma output flows away from your skin, keeping it safe, healthy and comfortable.
HOW IT WORKS
• Moldable split hydrocolloid ring can be fitted to all sizes and types of stoma
• Non-absorbent spout directs the flow of corrosive output away from the skin keeping it safe, healthy, and comfortable
• Barrier ring is protected from erosion by a flexible, non-absorbent polymer resulting in fewer leaks and a longer wear time
The OSTOFORM SEAL provides double protection through the innovative use of a flexible, non-absorbent FLOWASSIST attachment and the moisture management capabilities of skin-friendly hydrocolloid.
Ostoform Seals should last longer than regular seals because the non-absorbent spout protects the absorbent hydrocolloid. In a recent study, 71% of participants stated that the Ostoform Seal lasted longer than their current seal.
Indications for Use:
• User Experiences leakage
• Peristomal skin complications
• Flush, shallow or retracted stomas
• High output fluidic stomas
• User requires extended wear-time
• Alternative to a hard convex pouch
Ostoform Application Instructions
1. Cut your pouch opening size 5mm (one-quarter inch) larger than your stoma diameter.
2. Dry the skin around your stoma.
3. Hold the Seal by the spout and position accurately underneath your stoma.
4. Mold, wrap, and overlap the arms of the seal around your stoma to ensure a snug fit.
5. Once you have secured the Ostoform Seal around your stoma, insert the spout into the pouch opening. Then, pull the pouch up so that it sits underneath the spout, and press evenly around the pouch to achieve good adhesion to skin and Seal.
What is the best way to handle the Ostoform Seal?
We recommend you begin by holding the spout and positioning the Seal accurately underneath your stoma. You can then mold, wrap and overlap the arms of the Seal around your stoma to ensure a snug and secure fit.
Can I use the Ostoform Seal with either a flat or convex pouch?
Yes. The Ostoform Seal can be used with either a flat or convex pouch.
Can I apply the Ostoform Seal to my pouch first?
We recommend that you apply the Ostoform Seal directly around your stoma to ensure a secure and accurate fit, though in some cases, the Seal may be applied to the pouch first.
Can I use the Ostoform Seal with either a one or two-piece pouch?
Yes. The Ostoform Seal can be used with either a one or two-piece pouch.
Will the Ostoform Seal break down underneath my stoma?
The Ostoform Seal is designed to minimize the risk of material breakdown by introducing a non-absorbent layer that directs the flow of stoma output away from your skin and into your pouch. This prevents it from being absorbed in towards your skin, as with standard ostomy seals.