PluroGel® is a fully water-soluble and bio-compatible burn and wound dressing utilizing innovative micelle matrix technology. A non-ionic solution that works with your body’s cells, PluroGel® functions as a concentrated surfactant. This gentle solution helps with hydrating the wound while debriding necrotic tissue, holds onto exudate, and easily rinses off when you change the dressing. The result creates an environment that facilitates wound healing and improves patient comfort.
Better adherence to wounds PluroGel maintains its consistency, enabling it to remain on the wound bed for better protection.
• Aids in the creation of an optimal moist wound healing environment that helps to protect healthy tissue and soften wound debris.
• Allows wound debris to rinse off more easily during dressing changes and helps slough necrotic debris from the wound bed.
• Retains its consistency, allowing it to stay on the wound bed for reliable protection.
How it Works
PluroGel® uses an autolytic debridement process. Featuring a viscous consistency, the gel:
• Contains a high concentration of micelles, a surfactant with a hydrophilic outside designed to loosen and soften wound debris. Its core, meanwhile, holds onto the wound’s debris and exudate. Together, these aspects allow the necrotic tissue to detach from the wound bed. The debris can then be washed away with a saline solution or cleanser.
• Employs inverse thermodynamics, which cause the gel to thicken after application. This creates consistent contact with the wound bed.
• Can easily be rinsed off, which reduces pain during dressing changes.
PluroGel® is designed to be used with light- to moderate-exudate wounds, including:
• Chronic vascular ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Draining wounds
• Partial and full-thickness wounds
• Second-degree burns
• Pressure ulcers
• Surgical wounds
• Trauma wounds
• Tunneling and undermining wounds