PolyMem Silver Shapes foam dressings encompass a spectrum of oval sizes. These primary or secondary dressings conform to the surface of the elbow, knee and other curved areas to absorb exudate.
How They Work
PolyMem dressings pair a polyurethane matrix film backing with a hydrophilic membrane.
This combination along with the unique shape:
• Helps the dressing conform to contoured areas of the body without detaching or restricting movement while also adjusting to the shape of the wound bed.
• Can be applied to both open and closed injuries.
• Absorbs 10 times its weight in exudate by taking on a gel consistency.
• Provides autolytic debridement to slough off necrotic tissue.
• Is easily and painlessly removed during dressing changes, preventing damage to the wound bed and surrounding tissue.
• Does not need to be damped for application.
• Has a thin, clear, breathable backing that allows you to observe the wound’s progress.