PolyMem Silver dressings combine PolyMem’s unique healing and inflammation-reducing attributes with small-particle antimicrobial silver. Featuring a hydrophilic membrane, these dressings offer a solution for holding onto exudate, cleansing and filling a wound, and controlling microorganisms that could stall the healing process.
PolyMem WIC® Silver cavity fillers utilize this combination to fill dead space within the wound — an area prone to bacteria colonies. As the dressing expands once exposed to exudate, it simultaneously cleans and debrides the wound bed and keeps the area moist to lessen pain during removal.
How PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Fillers Work
PolyMem Silver dressings contain high-purity silver particles and release them once in contact with wound exudate. This action:
• Facilitates an antimicrobial environment that kills 99.9% of bacteria within the wound bed.
• Helps spread the silver particles across a wider area to utilize their antimicrobial properties and works to lessen the wound’s bioburden.
• Causes PolyMem Silver dressings to take on a gel consistency, which allows the material to absorb up to 10 times its weight in fluid.
• Works with PolyMem’s technologies to cleanse and debride the wound bed via autolytic debriding and limit pain during dressing changes.
Features of PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Fillers
PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Fillers:
• Are constructed without a backing, allowing them to expand as they absorb exudate and fill a wound’s dead space to prevent infection.
• Can hold up to 10 times their weight in wound fluid.
• Help ensure the wound bed stays clean and moisturized, which results in fewer dressing changes.
• Utilize small-particle silver to deliver antimicrobial properties directly to the wound bed to prevent potential contamination and infection.
• Won’t adhere to the wound bed, resulting in cleaner, one-piece dressing changes and preserving the repairing tissue.
• Feature perforated construction that’s breathable and can be cut to fit the wound.
• Adapt to the wound’s shape to ensure it creates an ideal healing environment.
PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Filler is indicated for use on pressure injuries (stages 3-4), vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and acute wounds.
Usage for PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Fillers
PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Fillers can be used to manage:
• Acute wounds
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Moderate- to high-exudate wounds
• Non- and minimally-exudating wounds
• Pressure ulcers
• Venous ulcers
3″ x 3″
8″ x 8″