The CeraPlus Soft Convex Cut-To-Fit One-Piece Drainable Pouch with Filter utilizes ceramide-infused Remois technology*. Designed to replenish the skin’s hydration, this ostomy system works to reduce damage and erosion and subsequent transepidermal water loss (TEWL) in the skin surrounding the stoma.
Made of lipid molecules, ceramides are integral to human skin construction, connecting the epidermis to create a protective barrier against the elements. In the process, they work to reduce water loss, which can speed up dryness and skin damage.
For the peristomal area, the barrier and exposure to bodily fluids can irritate and damage the surrounding skin, leading to adhesion problems and decreasing the patient’s comfort. To improve peristomal skin health, the CeraPlus barrier utilizes ceramides to:
• Reduce dryness
• Replenish the area’s moisture barrier
• Lessen the risk of TEWL (Transepidermal water loss)
The CeraPlus Soft Convex Cut-To-Fit One-Piece Drainable Pouch with Filter includes:
• An integrated Lock ‘n Roll microseal closure, with interlocking fasteners to improve security at the base of the pouch without the use of a clamp.
• An AF300 filter, which deodorizes the pouch’s contents and slowly releases gas to prevent ballooning, allowing for discreet use.
• A soft convex extended barrier accommodates uneven peristomal skin and supports protruding stomas and stomas needing additional reinforcement.
• A cut-to-fit barrier can be customized to your stoma size.
• Belt tabs allow for use with an ostomy belt.
• Viewing option on a beige pouch for better visibility.