PROMOGRAN™ Matrix is a wound dressing designed to create a moist healing environment. To do this, the dressing starts with a freeze-dried composite to deliver a protease modulating matrix made up of collagen (55%) and oxidized regenerated cellulose (ORC) (45%), an organic compound.
Together, these components guide the wound through healing, encouraging epithelialization and tissue formulation across a range of injuries.
Optimum Wound Environment
PROMOGRAN™ Matrix, when covered with a semi-occlusive or non-occlusive dressing maintains an optimal wound healing environment. This environment is conducive to granulation tissue formation, epithelization and rapid wound healing.
How it Works
In the presence of exudate, PROMOGRAN™ Matrix transforms into a soft, conformable, biodegradable gel. This allows contact with all areas of the wound.
PROMOGRAN™ Matrix maintains a physiologically moist microenvironment at the wound surface. This environment is conducive to granulation tissue formation, epithelialization and optimal wound healing.
What is ORC?
Cellulose is a major component of all plants. Once oxidized, ORC (Oxidized Regenerated Cellulose) is completely bioresorbable, and readily degrades through fluid absorption and subsequent gelling.
Studies show ORC:
• Has hemostatic properties
• Stimulated cell migration and growth
• Has bactericidal properties
• Reduced protease activity levels, specifically elastase and MMPs
• Scavenged free radicals and bound excess metal ions
Indications and Applications:
PROMOGRAN™ Matrix is intended for the management of exuding wounds, including:
• Diabetic ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
• Full-thickness and partial thickness wounds
• Donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds
• Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention
• Dehisced surgical wounds
• PROMOGRAN™ Matrix can be used under compression therapy with healthcare professional supervision
Wound Bed Preparation
Prepare wound bed per your standard wound care protocol and debride when necessary. Wound bed should be clear of any visual signs of infection.
• For optimal effect, apply PROMOGRAN™ Matrix directly to the whole wound bed.
• For a wound with low or no exudate apply PROMOGRAN™ Matrix and hydrate with saline solution. This will initiate the transformation of the PROMOGRAN™ Matrix into a gel.
• After hydration, through exposure to wound exudate or saline, the PROMOGRAN™ Matrix gel will intimately come into contact with the wound surface.
• The biodegradable PROMOGRAN™ Matrix gel is naturally absorbed into the body over time.
• In order to maintain a moist wound healing environment PROMOGRAN™ Matrix must be covered with a semi-occlusive dressing (e.g. BIOCLUSIVE™ Plus Transparent Film Dressing, TIELLE™ Hydropolymer Foam Dressings or TIELLE™ Plus Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressing) or a non-occlusive secondary dressing and fixed to the skin with a non-irritating tape.
• After initial application, reapply PROMOGRAN™ Matrix to the wound up to every 72 hours depending upon the amount of exudate. It is not necessary to remove any residual PROMOGRAN™ Matrix during dressing changes.