Designed for treating moderately to heavily exuding wounds, Proximel® Ag bordered silicone foam dressings utilize an innovative five-layer design that improves patient comfort, reduces complications and tissue damage during removal, and creates an ideal healing environment.
How it Works
Proximel Ag bordered silicone foam dressings absorb exudate and evenly distribute pressure at the wound site through a five-layer system:
1. Silicone wound contact layer and border: unique silicone oil and perforation technology come in direct contact with the wound, allowing for straightforward application, and won’t stick to the wound, thus providing nearly painless, atraumatic removal. Once applied, it allows the exudate to quickly migrate to the layers above for fast absorption.
2. Absorbent polyurethane foam: cushioning protection that provides additional comfort while offering great fluid handling capabilities. Ionic silver in foam provides sustained release against broad spectrum of key pathogens.
3. Non-woven layer: this layer works to spread the exudate over a wide area, helping improve the dressing’s performance.
4. Superabsorbent core: fibers that draw in and hold onto exudate while reducing maceration risks
5. Protective backing: smooth and comfortable material that is waterproof and a barrier to bacteria while promoting high moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR).
Proximel bordered silicone foam dressings:
• Won’t leak or loosen when lifted or repositioned.
• Prevent tissue from growing into the dressing, thanks to the perforated texture.
• Lessen irritation and pain during removal and help with reducing potential complications.
• Create a moist environment for wound healing.
• Can be worn for up to seven days.
• Pressure ulcers
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
• Surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Skin tears
• First- and second-degree burns
• Necrotic wounds, when used in combination with a wound gel