Designed for treating moderately to heavily exuding wounds, Proximel® Basic bordered adhesive polyurethane foam dressings utilize an innovative three-layer design that improves patient comfort, secures dressings in place, and creates an ideal healing environment.
How it Works
Proximel Basic bordered adhesive polyurethane foam dressings absorb exudate and provide optimal moisture environment to the wound site through a three-layer system:
1. Absorbent polyurethane foam: cushioning protection that provides additional comfort while offering great fluid handling capabilities.
2. Polyacrylate adhesive contact layer: soft yet strong nonwoven material prevents curling and allowing for straightforward secure application.
3. Protective backing: smooth and comfortable material that is waterproof and a barrier to bacteria while promoting high moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR).
Proximel Basic bordered adhesive polyurethane foam dressings:
• No additional materials are required to secure the dressings.
• Create a moist environment for wound healing.
• Can be worn for up to seven days.
• Pressure ulcers
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
• Surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Skin tears
• First- and second-degree burns
• Necrotic wounds, when used in combination with a wound gel