• Business +
Proximel® non-bordered silicone foam dressings utilize an innovative three-layer design that improves patient comfort, reduces complications and tissue damage during removal, and creates an ideal healing environment. The silicone adhesive helps the dressing stay in place during bandage wrapping and is an ideal choice for management of moderate to heavily exuding wound under compression.
How it Works
Proximel non-bordered silicone foam dressings absorb exudate and evenly distribute pressure at the wound site through a three-layer system:
1. Silicone wound contact layer: unique silicone oil and perforation technology come in direct contact with the wound, allowing for straightforward application, and won’t stick to the wound, thus providing nearly painless, atraumatic removal. Once applied, it allows the exudate to quickly migrate to the layers above for fast absorption.
2. Absorbent polyurethane foam: cushioning protection that provides additional comfort while offering great fluid handling capabilities.
3. Protective backing: smooth and comfortable material that is waterproof and a barrier to bacteria while promoting high moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR).
Proximel non-bordered silicone foam dressings:
• Won’t leak or loosen when lifted or repositioned.
• Prevent tissue from growing into the dressing, thanks to the perforated texture.
• Lessen irritation and pain during removal and help with reducing potential complications.
• Create a moist environment for wound healing.
• Can be worn for up to seven days.
• Pressure ulcers
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds
• Surgical wounds
• Donor sites
• Skin tears
• First- and second-degree burns
• Necrotic wounds, when used in combination with a wound gel
5" x 8"
Individual Dressing, Box of 5
Most orders ship same day
Straightforward and Streamlined
8am - 7pm EST Monday thru Friday