The Puracyn® Plus Professional Formula Family of Products uses an innovative, pH-balanced solution designed to prepare the wound bed while integrating with standard irrigation, debridement and dressing procedures. Together, these aspects prevent stalled or delayed healing and offer an alternative to standard cleansers.
For this process, Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Antimicrobial Hydrogel helps add and retain moisture in the wound bed, two essential factors for facilitating autolytic debridement and wound healing without damaging healthy tissue. Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Antimicrobial Hydrogel has an expansive safety profile, won’t harm healthy tissues, and works in tandem with Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation Solution to deliver a powerful combination for wound care.
1. First cleanse the wound with Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation Solution to remove all debris and particles.
2. Shake Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Antimicrobial Hydrogel well before applying it to the wound bed.
3. With some wounds, a wound filler may be needed to fill the cavity. If needed, apply a wound filler before adding a secondary dressing.
4. Apply an appropriate secondary dressing over the wound. Doing so secures Puracyn Plus Professional Formula Antimicrobial Hydrogel to the wound bed.
5. Continue to observe the wound to change dressing as ordered or when needed.