NO-STING SKIN-PREP is a versatile, alcohol-free, liquid film forming skin protectant which can be used on intact or damaged skin to help prevent irritation caused by:
• Moisture associated dermatitis from wound exudate or ostomy effluent
• Incontinence associated dermatitis
• Caustic drainage from tracheostomy tubes, nutrition feeding tubes, (g-tubes, j-tubes)
• Friction in high risk areas
• Under oxygen masks, cannula and tubing
• Adhesive trauma: At central or peripheral infusion sites, from ET tubes, from condom catheters, from Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, around surgical incisions, and from tape stripping
Features & Benefits
• Protects skin from incontinence, skin trauma from tape stripping, friction, reduces potential for stinging
• Latex, preservative, alcohol, fragrance-free formula
• Hypoallergenic, sterile formula
• Fast drying, extends dressing wear time
• Transparent coverage provides visual skin inspection
• CHG compatible/Pediatric tested for use on full term infants 0-36 months with normal skin
• Flexible – conforms to awkward areas like elbows and heels
•Waterproof, breathable see through barrier
• Lasts up to 96 hours (4 days)*
• Removable with UNI-SOLVE◊ or REMOVE◊ adhesive remover
NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a film upon application to intact or damaged skin. This film provides a long lasting, waterproof barrier which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive dressings, drainage tubes, external catheters and around ostomy sites.
NO-STING SKIN-PREP may help reduce friction during the removal of tape. It can also be used on heels, elbows and other areas at risk of irritation due to friction.
NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a protective film on skin that serves as a skin protection which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
The product may be used on adults, children and full term infants from one month.
Other uses for NO-STING SKIN-PREP:
• Protects periwound skin
• Extends dressing wear time
• Assits with adherence of transparent films
• Used in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
• Around sterile insertion sites (central and peripheral)
Should any signs of irritation (reddening, inflammation), or sensitivity (allergic reactions) appear, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
This product is not recommended for use on sensitive areas, such as around the face and eyes unless under the guidance of a healthcare professional. In case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water.
Do not apply directly to open wound or in deep puncture wounds.
Do not apply to infected areas of the skin.
Contents of the spray bottle are sterile until first use.